Is a sex addiction controlling your life?
A growing number of people are finding themselves caught up in destructive sexual behaviors — behaviors they are desperately trying to control but are unable to break free from. A moment comes for every addict when the consequences are so great or the pain is so bad that the addict admits life is out of control because of a sexual behavior.
Ten signs that indicate the presence of sexual addiction:
- A pattern of out-of-control behavior
- Severe consequences due to sexual behavior
- Inability to stop despite adverse consequences
- Persistent pursuit of self-destructive or high-risk behavior
- Ongoing desire or effort to limit sexual behavior
- Sexual obsession and fantasy as a primary coping strategy
- Increasing amounts of sexual experience because the current level of activity is no longer sufficient
- Severe mood changes around sexual activity
- Inordinate amounts of time spent in obtaining sex, being sexual, or recovering from sexual experience
- Neglect of important social, occupational, or recreational activities because of sexual behavior.