Are you codependent?
Codependency develops from growing up in families where there were addictions and/or one or more types of abuse—physical, sexual, emotional, mental, or spiritual.
Codependency is a dysfunctional pattern of living. Do you over-focuse on other people and things, and under-focus on caring for yourself, your own wants and needs?
Core Symptoms of Codependency include:
- Fear of abandonment
- Extremely immature (chaotic) or overly mature (controlling)
- Low self-esteem
- Difficulty setting healthy boundaries
- Over-responsibility and under-responsibility
- Toxic shame or toxic guilt
- Going back and forth between emotional extremes — feeling numb or frozen, then activated and raging